A Totally Healthy YOU!
There are two ways to nourish yourself: your body and your soul. Your body gets nourished with the foods you eat. Your soul gets nourished with the activities you engage in that keep you happy.
In this two-part blog post, we’re going to explore these two ways you get what you need to be strong, healthy and successful. With the food that you eat and the life that you live, both are equally valuable in helping you learn that everything impacts how you feel.
Do you remember a time when you ate something that made you feel really good … or really bad? Did you ever crave something so strongly you think you’ll just die if you don’t eat it? And then after that you feel sick? Indulging in cravings is unhealthy. I’m not saying you should ignore all your cravings because that’s what leads to overindulgence. And not all cravings are unhealthy. Sometimes a craving is your body’s way of telling you, “Hey! I need this!”
How does food impact you?
• Your immune system needs a balanced diet for everything to work the way it needs to work
• Your body needs the foods in a balanced diet to keep your muscles and your bones healthy
• Your skin needs the sustenance found in a healthy balanced diet to keep blemishes at bay (water is the BEST acne fighter out there!)
• Your brain needs a healthy balanced diet to help you think and concentrate
When you have a healthy balanced diet, your energy levels, attitude and weight are all in balance, too. The right foods can keep all of those areas of life strong, healthy and balanced. The wrong foods can lead to unbalance and health problems for a long time.
What can you do to make sure you’re getting the right fuel?
• Read labels
• Know what you’re looking for
• Watch your serving sizes for calories, sugar content, fat sources and proteins
Learning what gives you the right fuel will help you keep going all day long!